Tuesday, July 13, 2010

deepest apologies

I've been stuck on this for a few weeks now:

I've been stuck because I haven't had much time to read. I'm only on chapter 10 and most of the previous chapters were read either yesterday or today. I've been a bit busy - or as busy as one can be with summer break and not a lot to do.

I took a couple of days last week and headed north to my parents' house with Charlie. My mission was to clean out the boxes I had stashed in the basement years ago when I was in high school and college. Eight trash bags full of clothes, and 2/3 of dad's truck bed full of "stuff" went to donations. It's amazing how badly you NEED to buy something and ten years later, it's completely lost value and is being dumped at the local goodwill. Makes me think about the things I think I must have.....

Other than that, summer continues to be a great blessing. I've had lots of time to read, cook, nap, spend time with friends, etc. And I like having the capacity to invest in other people when I'm not stressed out about work or students or report cards, grades, tests, etc. It's nice to be home. I think I could get used to this. :) Just in time to head back in 4 weeks. My dear husband probably appreciates a more relaxed me as well....it's just been an all around nice summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment